Thursday 29 December 2011

Jottage from Lancaster/Cambridge - Lemon Tart the prequel

I bought the River Cottage Family Cookbook from Beverley. That's not to say that I didn't have it already as I had bought a copy from Amazon, but I saw one for 4.99 in W H Smith and I thought I would buy one for Heather. It wasn't long after this that the dilemma hit me - should I give my daughter the new one - or the second hand Amazon copy? In the end, she confidently picked up the new one and declared it as 'hers' which solved it very neatly. But that's not the point of this blog. As we are all together this Christmas there has been a lot of opportunities for cooking big quantities and some chance of cooking with the children. 


In the end, it was Heather who decided to have a go at the Lemon Tart. She has written her blog about this in Lemon Tart Part 1 so there isn't much more to say about that - but that it was really, really lovely. Much nicer than anything you can buy in the shops and far more lemony. So I thought I would introduce some of the cooks involved:


Ethan aged 5
Amelia aged 2

Tristan aged 9 months

No comments:

Post a Comment