Monday 19 December 2011

Jottage from Lancaster - Shin of Beef with Ginger and Soy (2)

It went well last night with the braised beef and I added a parsnip and potato as well as some leeks on the side. Although it tasted really lovely, it would have benefitted from a longer cook to get the veggies more mushy. But there was enough left over to make it do for another dinner so I added a tin of canellini beans and left it all overnight. 
I cooked it up in the oven tonight for about 90 minutes tonight and it was just amazing. The flavours  had all strengthened and intensified. It happens over and over again that if you make things the day before they have changed quite dramatically for the better when it comes to eat them. 
I have spent much of the afternoon planning meals for Christmas but I am not at all sure I will have time to write up anything here. One thing I will really need to do is to try and plan ahead and maybe cook 24 hours in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment