Wednesday 20 June 2012

Jottage from Lancaster - er.....

We have been away on holiday for nearly 3 weeks travelling round the North West USA doing some touristy things like Yellowstone National Park, Jackson Hole, Seattle and Portland. Coming back home after a 9 hour flight without too much sleep was a bit of a culture shock, and adjusting to this time zone some 8 hours ahead of what we have been used to hasn't been too easy. Overall, we haven't felt too ill - just tired at unpredictable times of the day.


I dragged myself to the freezer last night in an attempt to find something light and tasty for dinner that would perhaps make us both feel a bit better. There was an unmarked plastic tub of something tomatoey which looked rather nice. I am always of the opinion that I will remember stashing away these little left over bits and pieces and will know exactly what they are. This time (in truth like all the other times) I had absolutely no idea what was in it. But it looked quite nice and so I pulled out a piece of haddock that I bought some time ago and put the frozen tomato stuff on top, covered that with a bit of cheese that I had put into the freezer before we went away and cooked in it my faithful Remoska. As it happens, it was really rather nice. Now I am trying to rack my brains to work out what that tomato stuff was as I want to do it again. It was certainly a River Cottage something. 


Tonight I have found a chicken breast and I don't have any ideas about what to do with that but I may well mine the freezer again just in case something else turns up...

No comments:

Post a Comment