Monday 30 January 2012

Jottage from Lancaster - Boring Diet Stuff 1

There's nothing much more boring than people going on about dieting and I know that I am one of the worst. I have some 50+ years of trying to lose extra weight and like a lot of other people before me, the constant dieting has done nothing more than add weight over time. But even so I always want to find the perfect diet and never quite learn my lesson. So it was with some glee that I pounced on Hugh's anti-Atkins diet which he puts in his book Hugh Fearnley Eats-it-All. I have had a modicum of success with the Atkins diet, and I actually enjoy it, but even I can see that it isn't terribly sensible for me for the long term. I like my fruit and veg too much.
Today is supposed to be Happy Monday and so it may well be a good diet to start yet another diet. So here is Hugh's anti-Atkins diet which I propose to have a shot at.

Hugh's anti-Atkins diet
This is principally a diet for energy and health, not weight loss, but serious fatties will probably find the kilos fall off. By rights I should earn billions for this, as it is guaranteed to keep you well-nourished and fit for the rest of your life. But here it is, gratis, from the goodness of my happy, healthy heart:
For breakfast: Eat a bunch of fresh fruit. Then, if you're still really hungry, have a piece of toast.
Mid-morning snack: Eat more fruit. Then, if you're still really hungry, have another piece of toast.
Lunch: Eat a bunch of veg. Raw if possible. If you're still hungry, have a sandwich (but not two), or a piece of chicken, or a lump of cheese (but not both). Eat with juice or water, not Coca Cola or Fanta.
Mid-afternoon: Have another piece of fruit. If it's a bad day, have a biscuit too.
Supper: Eat whatever the hell you like. If you're actually trying to lose weight, eat whatever the hell you like, but not too much of it.


I am not going to carry on with a blog about dieting as that would be too boring, even for me - but suffice it to say that I will now be counting calories when I make anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment